Mar 31, 2010

R.I.P. Kitchen Aid

Today was a sad day for all KitchenAid lovers 'roun the world. Today this ridiculously confusing and frustrating German electric grid along with a transformer decided to kill my KitchenAid (murderers!). I have used it 4 times since we have been here and it was fine, but today, today my Kitchen Aid died :( And that is not all; last week my immersion blender bid adieu to the world!


Goodbye trusty friends. I remember that time we mixed Alton Brown's Puffy, Chewy and Crispy cookie recipes all in one day. And the time we made my first batch of homemade cinnamon roll dough together. And immersion blender, I remember fondly my first Butternut Squash soup that you pureed to perfection and that homemade tomato soup that you blended silky smooth. You will be missed! And even when you are replaced, a special place for you will always remain in my heart.

And as for you Mr. German electric outlet/transformer, you are not on my good side and you will have to work to regain my trust.

And now if we could all have a moment of silence for the lost kitchen appliances.


In lieu of flowers, I have setup a special fund for contributions that will go toward the purchase of a new bigger, better, brighter KitchenAid and immersion blender.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no - I'm sad for you!! Do you have a polarity checker to use in the transformer? You plug the transformer into the wall, turn it on, then stick the polarity checker into one of the outlets on the transformer and the lights on the end will tell you if the transformer plug needs to be flipped over in the wall outlet to make sure it's right. We got ours at the PX or PXtra (it's about 3 inches long, yellow with 2 lights on the end). I don't know that's what was happening with the transformer but it may have been.

    Stupid German electricity and having to figure out how to use your appliances....that used to frustrate me so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest fear is loosing my Kitchen Aid Mixer...

    I use it multiple times a week and seriously couldn't fathom not having it on my counter top. I feel for you today and will pay a few moments of silence to the wonder that is the Kitchen Aid mixer.

    Good luck...and hope you get a new one soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete