Sep 28, 2009

I love my dog, really I do....

but, this weekend I almost killed her!
So here it is Friday afternoon and with nothing but good intentions I decide to take Autumn on a walk. I guess I didn't click the leash on her collar properly because we began our walk and everything was fine until she started pulling to play in a mud puddle and naturally I did not want her to trounce around in mud so I tugged on the leash to prevent this from occurring. And that is when it all went down hill! The leash unclipped from her collar and OFF she went through every mud puddle insight, straight for a truck driving down the road. Of course I take off after her screaming all the while for the truck to stop before my maniac dog dashes in front of it and gets hit! Fortunately the truck stopped and I coraled her back onto the grass...er...should I say mud. Autumn has a fun little venture running a muck, circling around me, taking me through every mud puddle along the way. I am sure she was laughing hysterically the whole time and thinking that it was the best game ever! The driver of the truck did eventually get out of his truck to "help" me, but he proved to be entirely worthless as Autumn walked right up to him to sniff him out giving him ample time to grab her collar, but he didn't...probably because he was enjoying a good laugh at my expense watching me chase around this dog! Finally, a came up with a genius plan; Autumn loves people, especially kids! So I frantically...and I do mean frantically knocked on the backdoor of Danielle's apartment, screaming for her to bring Clayton out on to the patio. Of course as soon as Danielle opened her door, Autumn comes running over to her patio rail waiting to catch a glimpse of Clayton and that is when the whole charade finally ended! But, not before I fell and scratched up my leg, was covered in mud and Autumn was practically one giant mud ball. Oh, the joys of owning and loving a dog! Autumn was on probation all weekend and I am happy to report that she got off probation for good behavior.

1 comment:

  1. your description was so in depth i could picture all this happening in my head...your poor leg!!

    ReplyDelete