Sep 12, 2009

Oh Aaron, not Erin...

I did something crazy today. Correction, I did something stupid today. I decided to get my haircut. Now, this act in and of itself is not crazy or stupid. The crazy and stupid part is that I randomly chose a salon that I knew nothing about and on a whim made an appointment to get my haircut. I have incredibly thick hair, and if I don't get my hair cut at least every 3 months, it gets ridiculously heavy and unmanageable. My 3 months was up, and I NEEDED a haircut! So that leads me to today, when I went to get my haircut with who I believed would be an Erin......I got there and SURPRISE it was not Erin, it was Aaron! Now, forgive me if I sound sexist but when I go to get my haircut I naturally expect it to be Erin and not Aaron referring to me as, "honey and sweetheart." Though obviously young and vivacious, this guy was overwhelming me with his sweet pet names. I wish I could describe this hair cutting experience. But, I honestly do not believe that I could put it into words....I really could only describe it by acting it out. It was as if I was being punked. I kept looking around for Ashton Kutcher to pop out. All I wanted was a simple trim of the exact cut I already had....."just take an inch off and thin it out a bit." That is simple right??? Well, this had to be the most complex haircut I had ever seen. He would cut one hair and then foof, step back evaluate, cut-foof-evaluate. I began getting concerned b/c how can you possibly cut straight hair if you are constantly voluminizing my hair instead of straightening and cutting evenly. Needless to say, it was not straight. And despite my continual proclamations that the left side looked a little longer than the right, he tried to convince me that it was just b/c my part is on that side that it was an optical illusion and it wasn't really crooked. NOPE, its definitely crooked and despite my desperate attempts I can not make this haircut look worth a darn. Humph!

1 comment:

  1. Haha oh Angie. Only you could have this kind of an experience! :) Hope you can find an "Erin" that can fix it.

    ReplyDelete