Sep 14, 2009

25 going on 12

I love amusement parks! This past weekend; Andrew, Jason, Danielle, Clayton and I went to Busch Gardens Europe in Williamsburg. It was awesome and I unashamedly ran around everywhere with a big cheesy little girl grin screeching in delight at every exciting thing we crossed. Of course the first thing we did was ride every roller coaster before we figured the lines would get too long.....though the lines never got too long. The first roller coaster we rode on was The Lochness Monster a traditional train style roller coaster with little cars that have 2 seats in the front and 2 seats in the back. I guess it was ok, but nothing special. Next, we rode possibly the greatest roller coaster I have ever rode, The Griffon...I know, not a very intimidating name but trust me it is very intimidating.



















It takes you up 205 feet and hangs you on a 90 degree angle for 5 seconds before it drops you reaching a speed of 79mph. Then you go through a series of twists and loops before another smaller 90 degree drop. As we are climbing up the 205 feet Andrew looks at me and says, "I am instantly regretting this decision." He ended up loving the ride and I couldn't stop squealing in delight! We rode a few other roller coaster, but honestly nothing could ever touch the sheer awesomeness of this ride....though rest assured I will continue searching.

Mid day, against my good senses, I was essentially peer pressured into drinking a beer (after all, we were at an Anheuser-Busch park), but not just any beer, my first beer in a blue aluminum bottle! If you have never had a beer in a metal bottle before you just would not understand how ridiculously cold that beer bottle gets! I seriously could not hold on to it, it is crazy! Which leads me to the Real Men of Genius commercial....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qupPg5gatCA


After 9 hours at the park and 100's of screeches and squeals my throat was hurting so badly and I knew my voice would be shot. It was, but that is just the price you pay for a day at the park reminiscing and running around as though you were 12!

1 comment:

  1. The Griffon was definately the most exciting roller coaster there! I had to keep my eyes closed going down that first drop!

    ReplyDelete