Oct 6, 2009

Mommy WOW, I'm a big girl now!

Moving to Germany has meant countless appointments in order to get everything lined out to go. Today, I had an appointment to get my "official" passport. I already have a tourist passport, but apparently if you are going to be in a foreign country for over 90 days, you need either a visa or a passport stating that you are there on official business. I suppose the military sending you to Germany is "official" enough, so I have to apply for a military provided (and paid for...thank goodness) passport. Unfortunately, I thought I had everything in line to get one today but alas, apparently I needed a copy of my husbands military ID....and who the heck carries around a copy of your husbands ID card??? Not me! So I have to re-schedule my appointment for another day.

Also, while on post I needed to get a tetanus shot and a TB test. So even though the passport did not work out today, it was not completely a waste. Before I got my shots today I told the nice older nurse administering the immunizations that I had not had a shot since high school and that I was going to try to be a big girl for her. I am happy to report that I was indeed a big girl.....but I did not get a sticker, sucker or anything......

No comments:

Post a Comment