Oct 31, 2009

Autumn's new trick

I didn't decorate for Halloween, I am not a big fan of the spooky, goofy, cobweb stuff...but I do love to decorate for fall! So this fall, I replaced the candles that normally reside on out coffee table with 3 pumpkins. When my husband was a kid, he tells me that his Mom would let him and his sister Lauren go to the store and pick out a mini-pumpkin, then his sister and he would have a competition to see which pumpkin would live the longest (Andrew claims that his would always live the longest...but I haven't ever heard Lauren's side of the story). So, since there were 3 pumpkins and there are 2 people and a critter in the Fair family; we each got to choose our pumpkin and we are having a competition to see who's will live the longest (Autumn got the pumpkin in the middle...which in fairness she was not able to choose, she got the leftover pumpkin).

Autumn has a wide variety of interesting tricks that she does, but I have honestly run out of ideas of things to teach her, and she picks up on things so quickly so its easy to teach her things. Her latest trick is: I ask her, "which pumpkin is yours?" and she points to her pumpkin....it is so cute!




Us with our favorite lil' cow

Our pumpkins at night

Andrew said I couldn't dress her up, but he didn't say anything about a cute scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment