Apr 7, 2010

Decorating on a Euro - Kitchen



For some reason Germans just do not have large, spacious, open kitchens and for the life of me I can't figure out why!  But, anyhow here it is my tiny, cabinet-less, minimal counter space kitchen.  Blogging about it made me recount the many reasons I dislike this kitchen so here it is, my top 5 reasons I do not love this kitchen:

#5 Limited cabinet/counter space.  Why would there not be cabinets on this wall?  And why would the cabinet/counter with the stove not continue all the way to the wall?  We purchased that little cabinet and without it I am not really sure where I would have fit all of my stuff as you can see it is pretty stuffed!


  

#4 - Tinsie-winsie one sided sink!

 

#3 - Tinsie-winsie tiny German refrigerator that is incidentally now my pantry.  We had to borrow a fridge from the housing office so we could have a normal sized American fridge! (The center door is the fridge and no, neither the top nor the bottom is a freezer!)

#2 - Tinsie-winsie German oven that none of my sheet pans fit in :(

 

#1 - The crazy recycling sorting that we have to do.  Now, let me just say that I do not mind recycling in fact I rather quite like to do so, but sorting 5 different ways is ridiculous!  The green sack is for plastics/metals, the larger metal can is for regular dumpster waste (which there is hardly ever any after you recycle and sort everything!) the little metal can is for biological/food waste, not pictured is paper/cardboard and glass!  Isn't that the most ridiculous amount of sorting you've ever seen???


No comments:

Post a Comment