Jan 20, 2010

Murphy's Law

Dang it, if everytime my husband goes away for some sort of training if something doesn't go wrong with the car, the a/c, the dog, something! Today on my way to meet my parents for dinner I heard a, "knock, knock" and then the light on my dashboard informed me that my right front tire pressure needed to be checked, then I felt the truck start to lean. Oh great...a flat tire!!! In a true display of Army wifery (Army wifery: the art of learning to be both the man and woman and thus be competent in taking care of what I like to call "man jobs.") I call my Dad to see where he is but, alas they have already sat down to dinner. Then I think....aha!...USAA has an included roadside assistance in my insurance policy. So I get in my planner where my insurance card was to find the phone number to call and what do you think happened? A gust of wind came out of nowhere (on an otherwise seemingly windless day) and blew the insurance card out of my hands underneath the truck! I waited for another gust of wind to blow it out from underneath the truck, but as I already explained, no wind was to be found! I had to crawl underneath the truck to get that dang insurance card. Never the less, USAA rather, Pop-a-lock, saved the day by changing my airless tire.

Note to self: stop being a spoiled brat and learn to change a tire!

No comments:

Post a Comment