Jan 19, 2010

Everybody dies famous in a small town...

This past weekend I got together with a group of old high school friends. We don't get together all that often but when we do its amazing how the 8 years we've been apart sort of dwindles and all of a sudden we are just older more mature high schoolers...the same exact friends we were 8 years ago! It is always so much fun to relive the years of yore and giggle like old friends always do. The older I become the more fondly I remember my high school experience and appreciate the many opportunties afforded to me in that tiny one-horse town. Reminiscing on old time stories of when we were 5, 8 and 18 brought back many good....and not so good memories. Remembering stories about that time we painted "Roast the Buffaoes" on our homecoming banner instead of Buffaloes, reminsicing on old high school flings, who we liked or disliked and of course I am particular fond of the story of how Ashlee got a black eye "running through a cornfield."

At the time Granger high school seemed like the most hostile and horrible place to be forced to attend...everybody always knew your business, who you were dating, what car you were driving and the amount of money in your bank account. Now I can say I am fond of my high school experience and am grateful for the many friendships formed and the bonds that will always keep us and our memories close to my heart.

Here's to you class of 2002!

No comments:

Post a Comment