Aug 14, 2009

HOOAH-less

There once was a time when I considered myself not to be just an Army wife, but a good one...a HOOAH one. I have learned to cope with, deployments, re-deployments, FRG's, leaving family and great friends, moving, lack of decent employment prospects, HECK I have even learned the Army terminology! This week however, I have lost my HOOAH. Maybe I was overwhelmed with my final week of summer school or the sheer thought of moving somewhere into the unknown after just getting settled.

Next week Andrew and I meet with his HRC rep (for you laymen thats Human Resource Command Representative....aka.....who is going to tell us where we go next!). Yes, we will allegedly be able to preference our top 3 choices and the Army is going to "try" to accommodate what we choose. But, what do you choose when you don't know what to choose??? Right now the thought of moving somewhere makes me a little sick to my stomach. I just really don't want to have to go learn another new base and meet another new group of friends (which I may add could never possibly be as awesome as my DS girls) and find another new place to live (which is always a crap shoot). Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up and miraculously feel at peace with where we should go next, but until then I am confused and HOOAH-less which is never a good combination!



Lonely in Virginia trying desperately to find my HOOAH,

Ang-

No comments:

Post a Comment