Feb 12, 2010

Snowglobes!

I love snow globes! My affinity for snow globes goes back to my childhood days when a childhood "boyfriend" (I use the term lightly as we were in 5th grade) bought me a sweet snow globe that had an adorable lioness and her cub cozied amidst a jungle of trees and other lush greenery. Today, I own over 50! YES, 50!!! I have big ones, small ones, Christmas ones, glitter ones, cute ones, ugly ones, Easter ones, music playing ones, non-music playing ones, souvenir ones...you name it, I have it! And I absolutely love them all....even the ugly ones! On any given day I could pick up any one from my collection and be assured that the sweet tune it plays and the splendor of shaking up the snow/glitter inside will always make me smile! Currently, all of my little globes of wintery goodness are in storage somewhere in Germany and even though I don't have any to physically pick up and shake, it is ok because I am essentially living in a giant snow globe!

See I live in a giant globe!

It is odd because sometimes the sun will be shining and it will still be snowing! There will be moments of zero snowfall and the next second it will be snowing like crazy. Andrew and I are just overgrown kids and so playing in the snow is right up our alley. We went sledding down a snow covered hill with a cardboard sled, had a snowball fight, made snow angels and attempted to make a snowman (it didn't work because the snow was too soft and fluffy). Even though living in a snow globe is fun for playing, I am pretty much over the snow and ready for sunshine and grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment