Feb 24, 2010

Cleaning rant

I am going to go ahead and be honest here: I am a clean freak. I like my house to be clean, very, very clean! Most of the time I consider this a good thing, but with the good does come some bad. For instance, my husband always tells me that he hates the day before we go out of town and particularly the 2 hours before we leave because I turn in to a crazy cleaning freak and can't leave the house until everything is nicely put away and tidied. Even if we are just going on a quick day trip, I still have this weird obsession with making sure that the house is in perfect order before we take off. I always feel that somebody will randomly drop by the second after we return from a trip and see the house all nasty and out of sorts.

Today, I went to our new house to wait for our unaccompanied baggage to be delivered. While I was waiting I decided to do some house cleaning. I knew the floors looked pretty bad, the cabinets were dirty and the tiny fridge wasn't cleaned but I had no idea just how bad they were! I started mopping the living room floors and had to change the water 3X just for one room! I actually used an entire bottle of Pine Sol today, which I never thought possible to do in one day! Every time I made one sweep with the mop I had to go wash it off, because the mop was just disgusting! I am pretty sure that whoever lived there before us must have been part swine because that house was a sty! It made me start to think: why do some people believe that it is not necessary to mop, wipe the cabinets or pick up their dog poop before they move out??? After several hours of intense cleaning the house is now starting to seem more livable, which is good because I was sort of having a hard time picturing it as "home." I am pretty sure that when we get our stuff tomorrow and finish cleaning up a bit more it could start to actually be home, instead of some nasty poorly maintained rental house.

No comments:

Post a Comment