Nov 8, 2009

I turned another year older...

As most of you (if anybody actually reads this blog)probably know it was my Birthday yesterday. I had an absolutely fabulous day in spite of the fact that I turned....gulp...26! When I turned 25, I decided that was the age that I became an actual adult....so what does 26 mean? Well, basically I have decided that it means nothing! Turning 26 does not make me an old woman...I am still young and vivacious, and heck I don't look a day over 23 (humor me here). Now I offer proof that I am really just overgrown 8 year old:

1: I squealed (that really, high pitched, annoying 8 year old squeal) when I woke up to find a gift on the coffee table (even though there wasn't really anything in it, it was a piece of paper saying that he would take me to go buy the camera of my choice).

2. I essentially stuffed my face with breakfast and ran around with the dog so we could quickly get ready to go get my gift.

3. While at Best Buy, I wanted everything in the store.

4. While at the Class 6, I wanted everything in the store. (OK, maybe that isn't proof that I am an overgrown 8 year old so much as an overgrown college kid)

5. While at Old Navy, I again wanted everything in the store. Speaking of, Old Navy has all their jackets 50% off and we got an additional 30% off so you can get a pretty good deal on some pretty nice looking jackets...which is particularly important if you are moving to say...GERMANY, where the weather is not exactly like Texas.

6. Once we got home from shopping it took me approximately 2 seconds to open up the camera and then I moped when I had to wait TWO full hours for the battery to charge. (in fairness I only could wait for about 45 minutes before I had to play just a little bit)

7. I had a serious mop-fest when I realized my husband had forgotten to get the ice cream cake I requested for my Birthday. (Don't worry, he did eventually get me one)

8. At dinner, I stuffed myself to the point that I actually started to throw up in my mouth a little...how irresponsible is that! Which leads me to my review of Texas de Brazil:

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/

I saw a billboard for the restaurant when I dropped Andrew's parents off at the airport after they visited us. I of course honed in on it because it had the word, "Texas" in the title, and being the good Texan that I am I came home and looked it up. Then I remembered, my oldest sister Kim, always talking about this Brazilian steakhouse they would eat at, and how fabulous it is. Of course then I knew that we had to go there for my Birthday!!! Here is basically how it works. Everybody pays a flat amount and that pays for an amazing upscale salad bar (think prosciutto, goat cheese, and the most fabulous grilled provolone), soup and side bar (lobster bisque, brazilian black beans, potatoes gratin, mushrooms in a garlic wine sauce) and the main event: ALL YOU CAN EAT MEAT!!!

On each table is a card that on one side is green and the other red. When the green side is up they keep bringing you random assortments of meat: leg of lamb, lamb chops, top sirloin, filet Mignon, Brazilian sausage, beef ribs, chicken wrapped in bacon served with homemade chimichurri and mint relish for the lamb. Everything was so good, and lets face it you are paying for meat....so of course we both fully intended to stuff ourselves beyond what is right, or good, or acceptable. All the meat was amazing, served medium rare (you could ask for it to be cooked further...but why would you? I actually got a little annoyed when they kept giving Andrew the more rare pieces of meat.....I ain't no dainty flower, give me the real deal, red meat!) If you ever have a chance to go, I would highly advise it. My recommendation is to fast the day of and the day before you go and be very selective on what you eat from the salad bar, save yourself for the meat!

Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes, cards and phone calls, I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment