Nov 25, 2009

Have yourself a happy little Thanksgiving...

My first year to have to make Thanksgiving dinner all by myself. OK, I'll admit, I am not a total novice...I have made a turkey before and one year ago today my husband left from R&R to go back to Iraq and since he was going to miss the big turkey day, I made him a mini Thanksgiving feast consisting of a ham, dressing, green rice and a pumpkin log. So, anyhow I am optimistic everything will turn out alright, but it still seems like a daunting task!

My Thanksgiving menu:

Turkey
Mom's Dressing
Turkey Gravy
Green Rice (some people call this, broccoli/cheese rice...in my family we call it green rice!)
Rolls
homemade cranberry sauce
Pumpkin Cheescake

Upon typing this menu I have realized that it may seem a bit ambitious, but for now I feel confident and so far nothing is burned ;)

1 comment:

  1. I think the menu sounds great! I always start my prep a few days before so it's not so much work for the big day!

    ReplyDelete