Jun 5, 2010

The Theory of Relativity

According to weather.com the expected high in Austin, Texas today is 97 degrees, the high in Birkenfeld, Germany is 78 degrees.

I spent 26 consecutive summers residing in the HOT Texas summer heat and never once did I feel that 78 degrees was hot, in fact, to say such a thing would be probably get you exiled from Texas.  So I feel somewhat guilty in confessing that 78 degrees in Germany is wearing me out!  It is flippin' HOT today and no amount of open windows can help!  I know, I know, cry me a river its 78 whole degrees but in Germany that really does feel hot!  I guess heat adaptability really is relative.  If you live a place that cools off significantly in the evenings the temperature differentials really can seem extreme, it's all relative!  And I better brace myself because tomorrow the high is supposed to be....*gulp*.....82!  I am beginning to think that there is just no way we'll make it through summer without buying an A/C unit, the $400 just might be worth it after all!

Now, go forth all you Texans and enjoy your A/C while I sit in front of my fan!

1 comment:

  1. I'm having the opposite issue...we hit 108 at 11am today...its going to be a long summer. But when I go back to GA in a few days that 98 is not going to seem so bad! stay as cool as possible summer and preggers is rough enough!

    ReplyDelete