Dec 1, 2009

Thanksgiving leftover re-mix

Everybody loves the thrill of the Thanksgiving feast; eating as much as you want and not feeling the least bit guilty about it. But, nobody loves to eat the same Thanksgiving meal 3 or 4 times to use up the leftovers. Seeing as how it was just Andrew and I for dinner, we had ALOT of leftovers to be used up...so I had to get creative. Of course, we did eat the traditional day after plate of leftovers and sandwiches, but nobody wants to read about that!


Stuffed mushrooms - mushrooms stuffed with leftover dressing and topped with homemade bread
crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Turkey Pot Pie - turkey and vegetables, with cream of mushroom soup and turkey stock

Turkey Hash for breakfast - potatoes, onions, celery, bell pepper, &

fried potatoes
Turkey tortilla soup - I made a turkey stock out of the leftover
turkey carcass and used it as the base for a turkey tortilla soup
(and I was too lazy to make crispy strips of tortillas to put in the soup, so we just used chips)



3 comments:

  1. I love turkey/chicken pot pie! I make it all the time, plus a great way to get rid of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ang!! Very impressive! I want to eat all of those things. And homemade turkey stock...go you!

    ReplyDelete