Dec 14, 2009

Richmond's Tacky Lights tour

This past weekend Andrew & I, went out to eat in downtown Richmond at LaGrotta Italian Ristorante, as a belated Anniversary dinner (because the Army...surprise, surprise, messed up our plan to go there on our actual Anniversary). Afterward, we took a stroll on the Richmond Tacky Christmas Lights tour. I saw an article about the lights tour in a local newspaper, and because I am a sucker for all things Christmas (especially all things tacky AND Christmas) that I just had to go. There is a really awesome website, though somewhat difficult to navigate, that will create a tacky lights tour based on the local addresses of tacky-light display participants. The houses are somewhat spread apart, so in the end we drove around 60 miles searching for the tackiest of decorated houses!




This one probably made the tacky list b/c of the decorated child's kitchen
This house was hardly tacky, it was actually really awesome! The trees were wrapped so high, I can't imagine how
time consuming and costly this must be to create!
They even decorated the backyard!

Only slightly tacky in my opinion.

Hot cocoa!

I was the navigator

The only really tacky thing was the 1950's plastic manger scene. Which I must admit are tacky, but I am still a sucker for them!

Anything blow-up and palm tree-esque, probably tacky!

tacky, tacky, tacky




1 comment:

  1. We are doing this, this weekend! I saw this website last year, and there was nothing around Clarksville! We already checked out one in Hopewell...loved it!

    ReplyDelete